My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am an animation producer, director, designer, and animator. This is a blog-folio of some of my artworks. Contact me: soscott3@yahoo.com

Monday, May 16, 2011

Hello, its been a long time....

Its been a while since I wrote anything on this blog.
Its now May of 2011.
I thought I should write something about Mt. Airy.
At one time, we had a dog. Her name was Cindy. My father took us with the dog to Valley Green, in Fairmount Park a few times, usually on Sunday mornings. It was in the fall, the leaves were turning colors, red, yellow, orange, no blue leaves. On one Sunday morning, we walked for longer than usual. The park was great, the path is called, Forbidden Drive, no motor vehicles allowed. Just pedestrians, bikes, and horses. The Wisahickon Creek runs next to Forbidden Drive. You can’t imagine how cool it is unless you see it. Sunday before Thanksgiving, we went to Valley Green, walked a long time, came home. We lived across the street from Cliveden Park. I ran across the street to the park, out the front door, down the steps, jay walked across the street. Heard the front door slam shut. As I was about to climb the three rail fence to go in to the park, I heard the front door slam again. I looked back at my house, and saw my dog, Cindy, running down the steps towards the street. I went to the curb, put my hands to tell her to stay, but she ran to me across the street, a car speeding up the street from the Johnson Street light. I looked at the car, and the stupid thought crossed my mind that it might stop, but instead it hit my dog, Cindy, and sped off. I saw Cindy spin around and fall to the ground, crying. The car sped up the street, never to be seen again. I ran into the street, stopped traffic, lucky me, since I was only eleven, and why would anyone driving a car stop for a child? At any rate, I picked Cindy up and carried her our front lawn, and put her down gently on the grass. One of our neighbors, Mr. McDowel, came out, and told me to get Cindy to the vet’s as soon as possible. I looked at him, holding back tears. My father came out of the house, and I seem to recall he looked at the situation, and went back into the house. He drove the car around to the front of the house, and I put Cindy on the floor in front of me in the front seat. I do not know how we got to a vet’s office that was open on a Sunday afternoon, but we did. I can’t recall anything the vet said. I do remember the vet put Cindy on the operating table, and I just looked at her, and kept stroking her head. After a while, we left her there. A few days later, we went to visit her, and I do think she was at the vet’s office anymore, seems like she was at the local SPCA offices. She was on the floor, in a big space. She wagged her tail when I got there, but she could not walk, there were bandages on her legs, and she was able to raise her head, she was partly on her stomach and on her side. I think we were there for about half an hour. Then we left. I think on the Friday after Thanksgiving, my mother told me they had to put Cindy to sleep. She said they had done all they could for her. I was with my friends in front of our house when my mother told me the news. I was very sad. I knew it was too dangerous to have a dog in the city. And I never have since then.
So there you have the story of how we lost our dog. It was very sad. If I ever get another dog, I would want her to be something like my old dog, a mixture, of pointer, springer spaniel, cocker spaniel, and whatever else makes a friendly dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home