My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am an animation producer, director, designer, and animator. This is a blog-folio of some of my artworks. Contact me: soscott3@yahoo.com

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Downtown again....

I guess its been a while since I last posted. I saw the opening titles to the TV show Cold Case, and thought I should put something up and write a few words to go with the picture.
This is City Hall again, looking down one the four streets that run right into it, I can't recall which one, its been so long now. But the main titles of the show use a couple of shots of City Hall, and the music is good, too. Its a good main title. It makes me think of the many times I went downtown between 1973 and 1979. I was downtown every week in those years. I went to the record stores, Radio 437, Zounds, Jerry's Records, the bookstores, Robbins, Encore, the comic book stores, Ed's, Ron and Bob's, Fat Jack's Comic Crypt, and the art supply stores, Taws, Utrecht, and working. I worked for the Bell Telephone Company, Cousin's Restaurant, Wawa Food Markets, Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company, And the Penn Central railroad Corporation. Then I went to Los Angeles. And instead of having A center city, Los Angeles has several such districts. But I found the record stores, comic book stores, and used book stores as soon as I got off the plane. But I don't think, after all these years, that Los Angeles has a building that has as much personality as Philadelphia's City Hall. Its one of a kind. And when I rode the train into Downtown Philly, and saw City Hall, I felt at home. I can't think of any building like that out here in Los Angeles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home