My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am an animation producer, director, designer, and animator. This is a blog-folio of some of my artworks. Contact me: soscott3@yahoo.com

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Old Comics...

Marvel and DC comics

I just pulled down a bag of comics from the shelf, and recalled a time when my parents took my comics away from me in grade school. I wasn't doing my homework for some reason, and my parental units decided it was because I was reading a bag of comics given to me by a friend of my mother's. It was a shopping bag full of comics. And I could not get enough of them. I found them to be more fascinating than anything in school, so I read them constantly. And it showed in my schoolwork. As in, I did not do it. So, the teacher probably sent home a note, asking my parents where my homework projects were. And my parents asked me, and I answered that I did not know. They knew what was going on, and hid my comic books in a secret place. It took me months to find them. And when I did, I kept it to myself. I was on the way down the wrong road of life. I was about to become, a comic book geek. Mothers, don't let your sons grow up to become comic book geeks. That bag of comics had such gems as Fantastic Four Annual number 4, and Spiderman Annual number 2, I think. They became my escape from school, and I should have figured out how to balance school work and comics through school. Oh well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home