My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am an animation producer, director, designer, and animator. This is a blog-folio of some of my artworks. Contact me: soscott3@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Johnson Street

A Saturday morning walk

I remember one Saturday morning when I was about six or seven years old, my father took me for a walk up Johnson Street to Germantown Avenue. I don't know why we were walking up Johnson Street, maybe to go to a store for a certain item. Somewhere on Germantown Ave., my dad bought a toy fire engine for me, a small metal hook and ladder truck. It was so cool. I wash I still had it, just remind me of that day, which I think was in the fall. I missed the Saturday morning cartoons, but it was okay, because I was walking with my dad. Johnson Street was the way to drive to West Philadelphia to see my dad's side of the family. My mother's family all lived in Mt. Airy, very close to home. But to see my cousins who were my age, we had to drive to West Philly, a twenty minute trip through Fairmount Park. And Johnson Street was the first part of the trip. I took some pictures last year of Johnson Street, for an idea for a story I want to do about animals living in Cliveden Park who need to journey to Fairmount Park on Lincoln Drive. To take the pictures I had to drive there, get out of the car and walk around the neighborhood. It reminded me of the walk up Johnson Street I took with my dad so long ago. I am still looking for that fire engine in toy books and e-Bay. If you see it, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home